Level 2
The ratio of kiwis to watermelons is 2 : 5. If 304 watermelons were added, the ratio of kiwis to watermelons will be 3 : 17. How many kiwis are there?
2 m
Level 2
The ratio of coconuts to mangosteens is 2 : 7. If 348 mangosteens was added, the ratio of coconuts to mangosteens will be 2 : 11. How many more mangosteens than coconuts are there in the end?
2 m
Level 3
There were pink, yellow and blue stamps in a container. Sean put another 6 pink stamps and 10 blue stamps in the container, then the ratio of the number of yellow stamps to the number of blue stamps became 5 : 3. Then, he doubled the number of pink stamps and remove 28 blue stamps. The ratio of the number of pink stamps to yellow stamps became 2 : 1. He counted and found that there were a total of 62 stamps left in the container. Find the number of pink stamps that he had at the beginning.
5 m
Level 3
The number of boys to the number of girls in Primary 4 Kindness was 4 : 7. The number of boys to the number of girls in Primary 4 Joy was 4 : 7. Both classes had the same number of boys. When 18 girls from Primary 4 Kindness joined Primary 4 Joy, the ratio of the number of boys to the number of girls in Primary 4 Kindness became 2 : 3. Find the total enrolment of both classes.
4 m
Level 3
There were some grapefruits and durians in Container A and Container B. In Container A, the ratio of the grapefruits to the number of durians was 3 : 1. In Container B, the ratio of the number of grapefruits to the number of durians was 3 : 2. There were 2 times as many fruits in Container A as in Container B. After 56 durians were put into Container B, the ratio of the number of grapefruits to the number of durians in Container B became 1 : 2. How many fruits are there in Container A at the end?
5 m
Level 3
A store owner had 505 kg of fresh honeydews. The honeydews contained 60% water when fresh. One week later, there was only 50% water left in the honeydews. What was the mass of the honeydews one week later?
3 m
Level 3
In a box, there are some mangosteens and lemons. If 80 more lemons are put into the box, the percentage of mangosteens will decrease from 70% to 30%. How many mangosteens are there in the box?
3 m
Level 3
Some adult passengers are on a coach. If 25 tourists alight from the coach, the percentage of locals will increase from 15% to 40%. How many passengers are there in the coach?
3 m
Level 3
10% of the people are performers for a concert and the rest are spectators. 60% of the spectators are parents and there are 900 more parents than kids. How many parent spectators must leave so that 10% of the spectators are parents?
4 m
Level 3
20% of the people are performers for a concert and the rest are spectators. 80% of the spectators are adults and there are 3900 more adults spectators than children spectators. How many adult spectators must leave so that 25% of the people in the concert are adult spectators?
5 m